Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Malaysia Today

Last week I had the opportunity to meet the legendary Raja Petra Kamarudin (aka Pete / RPK) of Malaysia-Today.Net at our office in Phileo Damansara. I was so excited that I forgot to give him my business card. I mean, RPK man! I’m one of his many fans, so addicted to his site that sometime I spent more time reading than doing work. I know so many people out there who’d want to meet this man in person but could only see him from afar when he gave out speeches at talks or political events.

Anyways, the objective of this meeting was to figure out how to enhance the site which clocks a few million hits every day and make some money out of it. We realize that not many people would want to advertise in his site due to his outspokenness and anti-government nature. Fear is a factor. But, my partner, Philip Lee still believes that he could somehow make it work, ie. make some money from advertisements, and he already managed to convince certain people. Well, maybe we can pull this off and my job now is to come up with a mock-up. Let’s just see how it goes eh? ;)

On Covalentia, we have to delay the next release, Version 2.6 due to lack of resources. We’re working on our Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) at the moment and also upgrading TD Aziz Valuation Management System (VMS). But, in any event, we’ll try to do it before the end of May 2008.

Oh, by the way, I’ve moved my blog site to cozta.blogspot.com for a very simple reason: Microsoft’s Spaces.Live.com doesn’t allow Google Adsense and I want to make some money from Google Adsense. So, what the heck. It’s your lost Microsoft ;)

No comments: