Friday, January 19, 2007

A New Venture

So it begins. One of my business partners has partly left Covalent Technology and joined another team, Innovation City (Innovasia), and I am pretty much alone in this nice office. However, this new development will not affect Covalentia in any way. The direction will stay the same – Covalentia will be FREE for all to download and use, and Covalent Technology will continue to service its customers. In fact, there are some new leads and possible funds that may come into play and fit nicely into Covalent’s sustainability equation. And in addition, by the end of this month, I will launch a new community portal, codenamed The Great Hunt – an Employment & Project Outsourcing Community Portal. This portal will complement Covalentia’s Training Program – to provide trainees with a channel to market themselves to the outside world and get better exposures.

So, despite my early plan to join IPerintis for a better pay, leave Covalent Technology and let it sail down the drain and rot (just kidding), I am the one who’s being left behind :)

On another note, along with my other partner who owns this office, we are venturing into a trading business. As a result, a new company, Covalent Engineering, is formed. In its early inception, Covalent Engineering plans to become an authorized distributor for Proguard which carries a range of personal safety products. It’s a tough market out there, I know. But, trading is relatively a good business, and I have to start somewhere ;)

No comments: